Creation of a theme - merging to phpBB3

This forum contains the site informations and important news. You can also post feedback about the site here.
Holy
TBR Founder

Creation of a theme - merging to phpBB3

Postby Holy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi guys, I'm getting tired of this old theme now (I guess I'm not alone). We really should make a new theme and seeing that phpBB3 is on the rise I think it would be as good if we made it for that version and merged the current threads into that one once we are ready ;).

A SMALL HINT:
Robbro and Anstalt SERVICE+CREATIVITY DESU KA?

Obviously others are welcome to help out as well but I see you guys to have some benefit in helping out and also the skill to help out :). Attachment mod, as well as most other mods we are using are built into phpBB3 so that won't be any major worries. Also seeing this forum got more usages than Guild Wars (this however being the biggest one still) we might want to create a non-guild wars specific theme.

Yeah that was it for me, comments?

Anstalt
IB

Postby Anstalt » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:55 pm

You know I'm up for it, brotha.

Though I don't really know what I will be able to do as I am a (close to) total n00b at PHP and whatnot.

M@Xweru
IB

Postby M@Xweru » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Ah, it's at times like there that it's sweet not to know shit.

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:51 pm

You know I'm up for it, brotha.

Though I don't really know what I will be able to do as I am a (close to) total n00b at PHP and whatnot.
Well there won't be much knowledge needed for PHP really and when it is needed we have angelssin (I hope :P). We too do need some artistic talent (hahaha caught you - oh my dear brotha). Well I suggest we start looking for some existing template which have the kind of design we're looking for, unless you guys feel like building it from scratch. I will set up a phpBB3 forum in a while as well.

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:52 pm

Ok so I've made a simple layout, my plan was to keep the red and blue field the same for all the pages and also having the same design on the green area under all pages. Not sure what looks better, having the left menu stretch or the footer as I put here.

Well have your say ;).

Note: The colours are just symbolizing areas not the actual colours to be used, the same goes for fonts.
Attachments
Simple layout plan.png
Simple website layout plan
Simple layout plan.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 6802 times

angelssin

Postby angelssin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:26 am

sure i'll help when you need it, just let me know when you need anything doing and i'll give it my best.

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:45 am

I and Rob discussed some about having one login for the entire site as well as having one register and we think it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish so might give that a go as well :).

robbro

Postby robbro » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:09 am

Goes for me as well.

Let's just call it a learning experience. Could you provide some links to where we could read up on it in the mean time?

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:46 pm

Login implant between phpBB3 and mediawiki is now working to the extent that they share the same user and password fields. Not sure how the site is going to look like as of now and can't really start with the login/logout scripts until that is a bit clearer. Anyhow a major success ^^.

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:40 pm

Could you provide some links to where we could read up on it in the mean time?
Well found some information about banners+links creation, haven't read a lot of it but seemed to have some ideas at least http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=575822 if you find any links on your own please post ;).

Return to “Site information and feedback”