Ryu's application

This is a archive of old recruitments of Guild Wars 1. (read-only purpose)
Ryu

Ryu's application

Postby Ryu » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:12 am

(Nick)name: Ryu
Nationality/Residence: United States
Character name(s): Bokuzen Ryu
Usual playing hours: Monday and wednesday 3pm till I pass out. Friday 6pm till I pass out. Every other day 12 pm until 12 am. (EST -5 GMT)
Interests: Guild Wars, obviously.
Other information about me: I observe matches a lot and am usually very active on forums. I am r3 hero and have had experience gvging with a top 300 guild before. I'm fairly good at every position but am most comfortable on the frontline and backline. I'm really tired of gvging with guilds that I'm better then and really want a guild that will be able to see where I screw up and is willing to yell at me for it.

Holy
TBR Founder

Re: Ryu's application

Postby Holy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:14 pm

Heya.
While you seem to be able to play for long periods of time I'm still not confident the timezone difference is going to work out, UK is currently in GMT+1 and we have some people in UK+2 (thus currently GMT+3) meaning an 8 hour difference.

You usual playing hours (converted to UK time): Monday and Wednesday 9pm till I pass out. Friday 12am till I pass out. Every other day 6 pm until 6 am.
The one time period which works out well is the every other day one which is within the range we usually play. We *might* be able to work out the GvG times since we generally play around every other day but apart from that I don't think you'll be able to play a lot with most of us unfortunetly. I'm not going to stop you from joining I just want you to consider this ;), contact me via pm here or ingame if there is something you wish to discuss :).

Ryu

Postby Ryu » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm

I figured that would be a problem.

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 pm

I think you have summer time as well and would thus currently be in GMT-4 instead of -5 which would mean that the hours in my previous post is in fact one hour earlier which would be a good thing.

You are more than welcome to join, I just wanted to ask you about this. Once you made up your mind let me know :).

Return to “Recruitment (archive)”